Sunday, January 3, 2010

Kanchanaburi, Thailand

While in Thailand we stopped in a town called Kanchanaburi. A fellow teacher of mine, Tom, used to live on and off in Thailand for about 3 years and recommended visiting the town. It was kind of a small quaint town with few tourists. Most of these photos were taken while walking around the town.


I didn't get the name of this man, but he was really helpful and nice and didn't act like several of those who were out just for your money. 


This little boy was so cute. I don't know what it was, but the little boy had this white powder rubbed all over his face which looked like baby powder. I saw several children and elderly people in Thailand with this powder stuff rubbed on their face so I'm really curious to what it's for.


Left photo:  This boy was really shy and I'm really surprised he posed for me in this photo. I noticed that the people in Thailand are much more willing to be photographed compared to the people in Taiwan who really don't want their photo taken at all.
Right photo:   While Autumn, a fellow teacher who also went to Thailand, and I were walking around in Kanchanaburi we found this graveyard which we thought was worthy of walking around in. Some of their gravestones are similar to those in Taiwan and some don't look like any gravestone I've ever seen before.  


This row of gravestones or monuments looked like old furnaces to me. I'm not sure if there are ashes inside of these or what?  They looked pretty interesting however they work though.



4 comments:

  1. Wow Leslie, I agree with Tara. I really like your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to pick out a favorite but it was too hard!!!! When I have a house I will deffinately have to buy one of your shots and post it up on my wall!!! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les! these are wonderful. and about the white powder stuff-sheesh I should know this. I think Thais use it simply to keep insects (like mosquitoes) away from their face and to keep their skin cool.

    ReplyDelete