Friday, January 8, 2010

Hat Lamai, Thailand on Koh Samui island

Wow, what a beautiful island! After leaving Kanchanaburi we took an overnight bus that took us to a ferry that then took us to the island of Koh Samui. It was a very, very, very long and uncomfortable ride to get to this island, but it was completely worth it I tell you! 


I loved this bridge. This bridge was really only used by the locals who would either fish off it or hang out on it. The man standing on the bridge was a local who I caught staring off into the sunset.

Ha! All these pictures were taken with my self-timer which I would make Eric sit/stand in place while I would run as quickly as I could to get into position without looking like I had just ran into place. Each photo took about three times until I got into position in time!

Funny story: I thought this was Eric when I took the photo, but realized when he stood up that it was a gentleman who was about 70 years old wearing a speedo.

Here are the photos I took of Eric after I figured out which one he was.

I believe these women were the women who would walk along the beach giving manicures and pedicures to sun bathing tourists. I caught them while they were taking their break under a shady tree by the beach. 

I loved this boat! I don't know the significance of the crosses on the boat, but I loved the blue color of them. I had taken the picture of the boat just a few minutes before I turned back towards the boat a saw this little local boy sitting next to the boat playing with some sticks. He looked like he was having a good time!

There were almost always local fishermen out fishing around the island where we were staying at. I'm not sure what all kind of fish you could catch at this island, but I saw several large, ugly, dead blowfish that had washed up on the shore.

There were several neat looking boats around Hat Lamai. I saw several boats that looked liked this one, which I believe is a fishing boat. 

6 comments:

  1. i wonder if you might be interested in one day transferring your skills over to motion pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, these are super. I definitely want to skype soon (I have to download it still), and you've made me seriously consider making a facebook for myself.....few people could make me do that! Love you!
    monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm Nick, isn't that like a TOTALLY different field?

    Monica, pleeeeeeeease skpe with me soon! And I definitely think you should get facebook on my behalf :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots girly. I can see your talent is improving more and more. God is blessing you so much. I can´t wait to hear some of your stories!!!

    ReplyDelete