Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cianhua Field Day Fun!

This Saturday we the English teachers at Cianhua Elementary attended what I would consider a field day at our school. We were told to arrive at the school at 7:00 AM. That meant we had to leave our apartments at 6:30 AM on a Saturday morning! I think we were all pretty irritated that we had to wake up that early on the weekend... To be honest, I did NOT want to attend this! I absolutely am not a happy person when I have to wake up that early on the weekend. We also weren't really informed before hand what was going on at this event; all we knew was that we were to play tug-a-war. This didn't really excited me either... as you might notice I wasn't blessed with muscles. 

However, when we got there several students from different schools in the Shih-men district were arriving at our school in their precious uniforms. This instantly got my spirits up since I LOVE the Taiwanese elementary school PE uniforms! To my surprise I loved this field day!! At the beginning of it all several schools and adult clubs performed dance routines for the town mayor. That was the best!!! I had so much fun watching all the dance routines and walking around taking pictures of all the cute kids! I hope you enjoy all the pictures I took from this fun day.  
the crew
Here we are, the Cianhua English teacher crew!  From left to right: Jessica, myself, Eric, Nick, Leah, Tom, and Autumn.

girls in pink shorts
I want a pair of these shorts! These girls were so cute and so sweet. I love the combination of the girl who is wearing her knee-high white socks with her shorts all hiked up. 


Johnson
This is Johnson! He is one of my little nuggets of joy who goes to school at Cianhua. He looks like a hundred pound baby! I would seriously like to know how he's going to look when he becomes an adult. I hope he looks just the same!!


pretty details
This girl was very shy with me while I was taking pictures of the pretty details of her outfit. Her friends however were not at all shy about pushing her in front of me to take her picture and telling her how to pose. It was quite amusing! 


These women put on very lovely show for us!   

cheer up!
Can you now start to see why I started to love the day?!! This boy was absolutely priceless! He was so photo-ready, not camera shy, and so energetic, he made laugh so much. More of him and others coming soon.... 





the wrist bell dance


4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Johnson is super cute! These are cool Leslie. I especially like the pink shorts ones with your logo on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheerleader boy is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool indeed. the shy "details" girl is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these children are PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete